Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Transmission 16108

It's a bit of the avant-harde-garde wrapped up in a pop gauze including The Wolfgang Dauner Quintet, Fred Frith, Nigel Kennedy Quintet, Yoko Ono and Harry Nillson. Bag it!

T16108 is a 57.5mb 128k mp3 1:02:52 in length made loud to be played loud!

"I want you, I want you, you're making me sick"

RFW

I occasionally find myself defending the importance of Yoko Ono's music when talking to the unconvinced or uninitiated. For the record - I put Mrs. L in the same category of innovative artists as Carl Stockhausen, John Cage, Ornette Coleman, Miles Davis and La Monte Young, to name but a few. John was most proud of his guitar work on classic Ono albums like Fly, Feeling The Space and the Yoko/Plastic Ono Band and might I dare state my opinion that in the long haul, she was as inspiring and influential as her late, great husband. The recent remix projects Out Of The Box and Yes, I'm A Witch are testaments that Yoko's music is alive and well in the past, present and future of rock, roll and the space in between.

No comments: