Friday, June 24, 2011


Transmission 7211

I have repeatedly talked about and played music from the Boston "scene" from 1976-1981. There were great bands before and after, but there was something in that "dirty" water during those 6 years that spawned a collection of sights and sounds that rivaled the output of any city in the US or abroad. The radio station I did my early shows on, WTBS/WMBR, was at the epicenter of this whirlwind of creativity. I have so many images of bands from that time stored in my grey matter, but if I had to pick one that sums up the fun, volume and DIY aesthetics of the time it would have to be Unnatural Axe (pictured above exhibiting their shambolic fury). Enjoy a few nuggets from these magical Boston years along with a smattering of sounds from Deep Purple, The Zeet Band, Alan Vega, Jeff Beck, The Jam, The Raconteurs, The Greenhornes, Ty Segall, Teens, Dakota Suite, M Efekt, The Cure, M, Radio Birdman, Blue Oyster Cult, The Stooges, Willie "Loco" Alexander & The Boom Boom Band, The Real Kids, Nervous Eaters and Unnatural Axe!

T7211 is a 72.6mb 128k mp3 1:19:21 in length made loud to be played louder!

"people want me to be The Man I Don't Want to Be"

RFW

* Click the cover below to read the Unnatural Axe interview as was published in The Boston Groupie News issue #21 - 1979!

No comments: