Saturday, October 05, 2013

Better Than Your Average Fare!



 
Transmission 8113
 
The opening night of the Topsfield Fair, inspired this fun-filled exhibit complete with rides, food, music and the unique smells that can only be found midway on the Midway (scratch and sniff here)! Get your all-attraction wristband good for Raymond Scott, The Shazam, Terry Boylan, Glenda Collins, Infulence, Richard Thompson, Bonnie Raitt, The Futureheads, The Olivia Tremor Control, Stone Circus, Christian Kolonovits, The Band, Ben Folds Five, Bee Bop Deluxe and Todd Rundgren!
 
 
As an added bonus, we jump into the RFW Time Machine and set the controls for 8 PM September 3, 1964 when The Beatles were the featured performers on the stage of the Fairgrounds Coliseum at The Indiana State Fair held in the Indianapolis State Fairgrounds!
 
 
The performance was broadcast live on WIFE AM (thanks to all) and was also used as part of the soundtrack to "Our Fair Beatles" that was filmed, produced and aired by local television station WISH.

 
T8113 is a 100mb 160k mp3 1:27:44 in length made loud to be played fairly louder!
 
"it's off to the fairgrounds"
 
RFW
 
 
 
 
 
October 4th - 14th, 2013
 
Topsfield, MA
 
RFW approved and highly recommended!
 
 
The colorful and often exciting history of Topsfield Fair began in 1818 when the Essex Agricultural Society, the non-profit organization that owns the Topsfield Fair, was officially granted a charter on June 12th of that year.

The goal of the fledgling Society, formed by a group of "practical farmers" who first met on February 16, 1818, was "to promote and improve the agricultural interests of farmers and others in Essex County."

Now, nearly 200 years later, the Society still strives to do this, "to encourage, promote and preserve Essex County agricultural activities and to educate the general public regarding their importance in an atmosphere of fun and excitement through the medium of the Topsfield Fair."
  
What began as the Essex Agricultural Society Cattle Show with its annual exhibits/fairs held in various sites around Essex County to showcase agriculture, Topsfield Fair has been held annually at its existing location since 1910!
(Excerpt and photo courtesy of  http://www.topsfieldfair.org/)


** Curtis RF Wohlman's nutritious dinner was fried dough with powdered sugar, maple syrup and chocolate! When at the fair.....!

*** Be on the lookout for the debut of the upcoming semi-regular RFW features Curtis' Corner and Derek's Dungeon.

**** Notice the tip of my left index finger in the top-left corner of our first pic! That personal touch is what it's all about here at Radio Free Wohlman!
 
 

5 comments:

Snailbry said...

Hello RFW Ive been trawling through your archives and I love all your shows and I'm wondering if you could reactivate (?) Transmissions 1212, the one called Boogie and the B52s show. Easy to ask I know.I,m a latecomer,only tuned in this year, so have missed so much.Would love to hear them all ."Please".Best Wishes, Bryan King

Snailbry said...

Hello RFW Ive been trawling through your archives and I love all your shows and I'm wondering if you could reactivate (?) Transmissions 1212, the one called Boogie and the B52s show. Easy to ask I know.I,m a latecomer,only tuned in this year, so have missed so much.Would love to hear them all ."Please".Best Wishes, Bryan King

Radio Free Wohlman said...

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for checking out RFW.

I will try to get to all three of your requests, soon. But I did get T1212 re-uped for you already.

That is a very special show to me and one that cuts very close to my core.

I find it interesting that of all the hundreds of shows - that is the one that you mentioned!

Please comment or email me and let me know what you think, once you listen to it.

I'm also curious to know about your who, what, where, why and when's - welcome to the RFW Family!

Dave

Unknown said...

The Fair is a MUST every year great time will be had by all Dereks fried dough looks delicious

Snailbry said...

HI Dave
T1212 link is working well.My mistake . I've listened to T1212 twice now and its gone onto the Mp3 player. The first listen was an emotional ride, enhanced, if that's the word, by your silence throughout entire show.I was waiting for RFW playlist and commentary.Which I like.
Really well put together ,for me, and its great to hear J. Lennons "Im Losing You " and lots of other faves. The second time I played it, it was over too quickly. Also enjoying latest transmissions Fairground +Beatles and One for the Head.Thanks for T1212.
Bryan