Friday, November 01, 2013

Reed Comes Alive!



Transmission 8713
Lewis Allen Reed
1942-2013

A purported 1982 quote by Brian Eno stated that while the first Velvet Underground album may have sold only 30,000 copies in its early years, "everyone who bought one of those 30,000 copies started a band."

We lost Lou Reed this week at 71, but his music will continue to soothe your psyche and slap you in the face, as long as you continue to listen and keep him alive!

T8713 is a 136mb 320k mp3 59:26 in length made loud to be played louder!

"and it was alright"

RFW


2 comments:

Snailbry said...

Hi RFW Thanks for the very best Lou Reed tribute show. I've heard so many people who sound like they are just jumping on the "bandwagon". The "Oh Gee, I've always loved Lou" crowd.
You are playing really great tracks. When I heard the sad news I thought I bet RFW actually gets it, and does, far and away, the best memorial/tribute show by anyone, and I wasn't disappointed. Can't thank you enough. Best wishes.

Radio Free Wohlman said...

Many thanks - I have always been very aware that Lou had experienced much more by his mid-twenties, than I will in my life. But through him, I got to walk......

He and all the members of the All-Star Dead Band are alive and well on RFW!