Thursday, May 23, 2024

Transmission 3924 - Fuck Beantown - This Is Boston!

 

The Modern Lovers
LaPeste
Nervous Eaters
Unatural Axe
Pastiche
The Neighborhoods
the real kids
Willie Alexander and the Boom Boom Band
The Rentals
Lou Miami & The Kozmetics
Mission Of Burma
The Freeze
Gound Zero
Young Snakes
Someone & The Somebodys
Suede Cowboys
The Del Fuegos
DMZ
Lyres
City Thrills
The Cars

The Stompers
Human Sexual Response
Private Lightning

T3924

"I'm in love with modern moonlight
128 when it's dark outside
I'm in love with Massachusetts
I'm in love with the radio on"


 *The music featured was created by friends and family during the fertile years of 1975 - 1985. When  curating the selections, all I had to do was close my eyes and remember that period in my hometown: WTBS/WMBR, Late Risers Club/Friday Night Live/TVOD, WBCN, The Rat, Spit, The Paradise, driving past the Stop 'n' Shop when it's dark outside like a Roadrunner. 
Many of these artists went on to stardom, others got "real" jobs and some have left us - 
all were integral to the beat of the city then and now!
Enjoy a snapshot of one of the most amazing scenes in any city at any point in time.
These bands were music - I was radio - some things never change.
Turn this up wicked loud - Fuck Beantown - This is Boston!

RFW


No comments: