Monday, March 26, 2007

Transmission 6107

I am a fan of many musicians and a devotee of a select few. But when it comes to Brian, I kneel at the alter! His music is timeless, magic and addictiv. His talent is of such magnitude that he truly deserves the term genius! Here John Cale, Sketch Show, Danny Gatton and Roy Wood all pay tribute and we hear Mr. Wilson himself with the achingly beautiful Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) from Pet Sounds! From The Wohlman Concert Archives you get live Rolling Stones from the 1972 Tour of the US and Robin Trower in Stockholm circa 1975. In the middle you'll find Chicken Bones, Ernest Ranglin, Lee "Scratch" Perry, David Bowie and Barrington Levi. Haayo!

T6107 is a 60.3MB 128k mp3 1:05:57 in length made loud to be played loud!

"Don't talk and listen to my heart beat - listen, listen, listen"

RFW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great show. Listening to all the Brian Wilson material, I was struck at how his influences must have found their way into the music of one of my favorites, Ben Folds. Have you explored his music at all? We've seen him a couple times live and he puts on an amazing show. Saw him with Ben Folds Five at the Fillmore, then again at the Mountain Winery (with Rufus Wainwright). Both shows were first rate.

Radio Free Wohlman said...

...and gimmie back my black t-shirt - bitch!

Ben Folds has released some great stuff.

I will play him this week!!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave
RFW