Sunday, May 13, 2012


Transmission 4512

To My Mother

Because I feel that, in the Heavens above,
The angels, whispering to one another,
Can find, among their burning terms of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother,"
Therefore by that dear name I long have called you-
You who are more than mother unto me,
And fill my heart of hearts, where Death installed you
In setting my Virginia's spirit free.
My mother-my own mother, who died early,
Was but the mother of myself; but you
Are mother to the one I loved so dearly,
And thus are dearer than the mother I knew
By that infinity with which my wife
Was dearer to my soul than its soul-life.

Edgar Allen Poe

Are you lucky enough to see or talk with your Mother today? How about your Mother-In-Law, Grandmother or the Mother of your children? If you can - do it! If for what ever reason you can't or won't- I suggest that you at least lovingly think about them as you enjoy the Motherly Melodies of Roxy Music, The Soundtrack Of Our Lives, New Radicals, The Books, Harry Nilsson, Bill Shank, Pink Floyd, Woodpigeon, Frank Zappa, Ohio Players, Pat Holben Trio, The Soul Leaders, Sly Stone and The Brides Of Funkenstein!

T4512 is a 55.6mb 128k mp3 1:00:46 in length made loud to be played louder!

"you know your Mothers gonna love you till you don't know what to do""

RFW

* Todays pre-intro opener "Motherfuckin' Deer Bit Me" was from the curious but always entertaining  mind of  Boyd Rice and can be found on the classic "The Way I Feel".

**Today's show is dedicated to Mrs. Clara Wohlman, Ms. Mildred "Micki" Plemmons and your Mother!

*** The women who gave me the most amazing gifts in the world - my sons Curtis, Derek and Michael - are both real mothers. I thank you each for sharing your motherhood with me.

**** ILU PDW- Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: