Friday, March 11, 2016

Transmission 1516 - This Ain't No Party?


Stu knew - did you?

Gross Me Out

Screamin' Jay Hawkins
Alfred E. Neuman
Root Boy Slim & The Sex Change Band

Obligatory Click Track Set

Giorgio Moroder
Daft Punk
Japan
Shooter Jennings featuring Marilyn Manson

Stuff This In Your Pipe And Smoke It

Peter Ivers Band
Tobacco
Edgar Winter's White Trash


"I knew that could be a sound of the future, 
but I didn't realize how much the impact would be"

RFW


*In my youth, I had a very strange relationship with Disco. My very Italian East Boston friends and I were most definitely rockers, but starting in 1975 there was a very simple equation:
Disco = Women.

 So it was down to the Combat Zone to flagg Bros. for a pair of prerequisite platform shoes and then off to Lucifer's in Kenmore Square where a never ending supply of new college girls arrived every September from Springfield, USA to dance us into a
Saturday Night (hormonal) Fever.

It was then that I was forced to admit that
not only did Disco not suck -
Disco Ruled!



No comments: