Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Deep Listening Music: Volume 9



Voci Dal Silenzio Nell'Aria Del L'isola Di Niente 

Premiata Forneria Marconi
Alan Sorrenti
Ennio Morricone


"Io sento che ti sto perdendo"

Pin by Si 🧜🏼‍♀️ on ae: otherworldly | Easter island ...

*Even as a US teenage music/prog fan that happened to be Italian, the bands that emerged from Italy 
were always more of a challenge for me to get into than their counterparts from other countries 
and I couldn't figure out why(?).

At that point, I was really into the complex riffs, changing time signatures and lyrical storylines,
and those elements were still present in the exotic imports from Italy.
But still, the arrangements and language were too foreign to my ears.

 I now believe the then mysterious spice was a beauty which
I had not yet acquired a taste for, that can only be found in Italy.
 
The story and emotions emerge the deeper you listen for 
Voices From Silence In The Air Of The Island Of Nothing 

Immerse yourself in sound!

RFW

No comments: