Friday, November 20, 2020

Transmission 7320 - Change Into The Void


  The Eternal Bonds Of Friendship and Rock & Roll

Black Sabbath
Drive-By Truckers
Howlin' Rain
The Raconteurs
Faces
Jef Lee Johnson
Bob Dylan & The Band
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Pearl Jam
Motorhead

T7320

"Past the stars in fields of ancient void
Through the shields of darkness where they find
Love upon a land a world unknown
Where the sons of freedom make their home"

*When I think of my East Boston teenage friends, I think of our gang - a co-operative whole comprised of a cast of characters that I affectionately call The Usual Suspects in hundreds of stories I have recalled to you over the years - most of them true! 

I got the call this week that John "Bubba" DiGirolamo passed. I've lost my parents, family members and friends - so I've dealt with the shock of death, but this was different. 

It did not matter that I have not talked to most of them as much as I should - as I much as I could. They are still all a part of who I was and who I became - I love them all. 

If it were a Steven Kingish movie, we all would have shared the same dream or vision
and each would have had a task to accomplish.
In my case - I always get to bring the music.

The Sabbath is for you, Bubba.

RFW

No comments: