Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Transmission 6821 - I Need A Fix


 John Lennon
Joy Division
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Faust
Frank Zappa
Don "Sugarcane" Harris
Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation
Plastic Ono Mothers


"Just a boy and little girl
Trying to change the whole wide world"

*John Lennon is the artist who most connected with me. Spoke to me. Spoke for me.
December 8th, 1980 was hard then and now, and as I sat alone in the darkened studio tonight , I wanted to pay RFW respect to a fallen friend - but not by just playing his hits or again talking about his life/death.

I decided to seriously attempt to spiritually reconnect with my musical muse, starting the show with a telling tune from the still stark and stunning POB lp and then asking John to help guide me to the songs and artists that followed. 

I can't find the words that can describe the loss - so no words were used.

Listen back to the results - I believe it worked.

Imagine that!
 

RFW

No comments: