Saturday, March 03, 2007

HAL25 - THE KITCHEN SINK #2

We nail the everything but the.....concept in this diversely entertaining musical meld. Inside you are immediately taken away by Eno, LCD Soundsystem and David Bowie via NIN. The influence runs deep in the set by Tomorrow, Kasabian and Soulseekers. The guitar takes center stage with Uncle Moe's Space Ranch, Dixie Dregs and Kazumi Watanabe. We stay in Japan for Flied Egg, Haruomi Hosono and Yukihiro Takahashi, then fly to Germany for a dose of Amon Duul 2. The Residents continue with Eskimo beats, while Cadet Concept dishes out Muddy Waters, Rotary Connection and Howlin' Wolf. The show closes with soothing sounds from The Low Symphony by Phillip Glass. Talk about touching all bases!

HAL25 is a 2 Part 128k mp3 made loud to be played loud!

Part 1 is 59.7MB and 1:05:17 in length.

Part 2 is 56.1MB and 1:01:20 in length.

"God is an American"

RFW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering if you know the artist who did (painted?) the piece (the sink) included with today's broadcast. I like it, and I see something that looks like a signature of sorts up in the upper right corner...

Still listening (Thanks!) and still researching-- I contacted the University of Pacific regarding the radio show that your "Asylum" recordings reminded me of... Their archivist has gotten back to me, but no hot leads just yet. I'm still hopeful! I'd love to share with you-- and listen again to refresh my memory. That was a prominently "developmental" period in my life (emphasis on "mental")...

Keep up the "Hot Rats" (I suppose that's my attempt at funky, zeitgeisty slang-- one of my favorite Zappa albums, which I consider "good work"; hence the reference)

May be the port talking...

Miclaundry in CA

Radio Free Wohlman said...

Hi Miclaundry,

Thanks for listening and enjoyning the blog.

The picture in question came from this site
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sharkforum.org/marszalekpics/Kitchen%2520Sink.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sharkforum.org/archives/2006/04/&h=351&w=450&sz=157&hl=en&sig2=vnACBlpKMjhM6uRfwQUhmA&start=80&tbnid=QMjbUpeNIz4sKM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=127&ei=QTHsRc2oMZyKqwPSgt3-CQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthe%2Bkitchen%2Bsink%26start%3D72%26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us%26sa%3DN

Keep in touch!

David