Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Deep Listening Music: Volume 17


For Your Freakish Amusement

The Residents
The Amplifier Heads
Paul McCartney
Bonnie Raitt
Bruce Springsteen
John Coltrane
Bill Laswell's Axiom Funk
Prince & NPG
Todd Rundgren's Utopia


"I worked as a carny
with a two headed girl name of Peg
she used to drink and carve her name into my wooden leg
Harold was a junkie
said he shot dope with Jesus Christ
I said you’re better off alone man
you can get off twice"



*When I got my first radio show in 1976 at WTBS, Cambridge, the now head Amplifier Head and my East Boston High School goomba Sal Baglio, brought me an early single by what became the legendary New England musical force that is The Stompers. It's never stopped.

Check out his newest Amp Head Music For Abandoned Amusement Parks and more here.

We continue our collaboration in exile, 44 years later, with what might be the both of us 
experiencing respective peaks (drug reference?). 

Our art and friendship thrives on the simple secret of
 the note in us all.

Listen Deeply

RFW

No comments: